TEL-ME-MOR stands for ‘ The European Library: Modular Extensions for Mediating Online Resources’.
TEL-ME-MOR was selected by the European Commission, Directorate E – Content, as a result of the third call for proposals published in 2004, under the Sixth Framework Programme (FP6). In particular, the project is funded within the Activity 184.108.40.206 , which is aimed at stimulating, encouraging and facilitating the participation of organisations from the New Member States and the Associated Candidate Countries in the activities of the Information Society Technologies (IST) area of the European Commission.
• TEL-ME-MOR is supporting the 10 national libraries from the New Member States, which are partners in the project, in becoming full members of The European Library, an initiative, established under the aegis of the Conference of European National Librarians (CENL), providing unified access to the electronic resources of the main European National Libraries as well as to other library services.
By the end of the project, a comprehensive and easily searchable pan-European collection of top quality information resources, covering all subject areas of interest to the research community, will be available on-line, via The European Library. Multilingual interfaces will be developed to enable users from the New Member States to access the on-line facility in their own language.
• The second objective of TEL-ME-MOR is to raise awareness and disseminate information on the opportunities for participation in future projects, aimed at fostering an increased participation of institutions and organisations from the New Member States in future calls for proposals published by the European Commission within the Cultural Heritage and Learning sectors of the IST Programme.
TEL-ME-MOR addresses the cultural, educational, industrial and public sectors. It aims to bring together the various professional domain networks, the authorities which are responsible for the institutions and their services to the research sector, the research, scholarly and IT communities. In particular, the project targets the following audiences:
• Libraries, museums, archives
• Educational institutions (schools, universities, etc.)
• Government agencies and policy makers
• Local authorities
• ICT Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs)
• Individual users.
Budget & timeframe
TEL-ME-MOR has a budget of about 1.4 million euro and will last for two years.
Programme of work
The workplan of TEL-ME-MOR is outlined here.